Friday, June 13, 2008

How it all started...

It was a world of classics back in late ‘70s/’80s I grew up and its my grand fathers (Late Mr. C.M.Abeyasekera) Hillman California (EL5633) grabbed me in to the classic car addiction. That was the 1st car I learnt the ABCs of driving n few mechanics.

Thanks to my father/my guru in practical learning (Mr. M.U.M.Abeyasekera) I had the opportunity to learn a lot about vehicles both theory n practise while I was a school boy. Apart from the Hillman; The BugFiat (Fiat 500 Topolino), MINI 1000, International Scout, Isuzu ELF 350 are few of them I was fortunate in messing around with...

In early 1996, when my colleague Niranjan (1st boss that time @ OpenArc Media Center) didn’t have a place to park his car, a ’63 bug n asked could I keep it @ my place till he finds a solution...
Since then todate, Beetles have become my core passion, my lifelong vehicle so far.

Very 1st Bug
For a long time I had in mind to share the VW habits of mine with the world n here we are. I enjoy constructive criticisms, so please don’t forget to comment or write to me on manjos.lk@gmail.com

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yeah yeah!
    keep on buggin! it's great to have a passion! This car(s) give it!

    lg Kasun malli

    ReplyDelete