Friday, July 11, 2008

In need of 'Power n Performance' (Part II)

"Mean stock machine"

When I bought my 4th luvbug two years ago, a ’73 Jeans Beetle she had D code 34hp 1200CC engine. But to get more power out and also to run economically, I did her few mods...
  1. Standard oil ignition coil replaced with a dry coil.

  2. Bosch WR8AP Platinum spark plugs.

  3. Mallory SPRINT WIRE® 8MM YELLOW SILICONE JACKETED plug wires.

  4. Stock oil bath air filter replaced with a cone filter.

  5. Doghouse oil cooler.

  6. 7/16” Rocker cover breather vents.

  7. Modified equal length single out exhaust - Spiral flow muffler (1.5” tubing, 2” collector, 4” muffler out)

  8. RPM/Oil Temp/Volt Meter Gauges.



I had no way of checking the actual gain/output from those, guess I get the max out of it. Probably about 10 horses more for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment